From Yerevan to Tbilisi by car
Georgia's capital is the city of Tbilisi. It was founded in the fifth century and is located on the Kura River's banks. In a nutshell, Tbilisi is a city with a distinct history, culture, and achievements. The city has many tourist attractions that draw visitors from all over the world.
The distance between the cities of Yerevan and Tbilisi in km
The Yerevan-Tbilisi route is the most popular among Caucasus travelers. The distance between Yerevan and Tbilisi is approximately 300 kilometers.
Roads from Yerevan to Tbilisi. The best routes by car
There are two options for getting from Yerevan to Tbilisi. These are the most common routes taken by drivers.
The first route passes through picturesque Lake Sevan, as well as the cities of Dilijan, Vanadzor, and Alaverdi. If you take this route, you won't even notice how you get to Georgia's border because there are so many interesting things to see along the way—the road runs past mountains covered in green forest, from which you can see breathtaking views.
The second route is less popular and passes through Spitak, Vanadzor, and Gyumri.
How long does it take to travel by car from Yerevan to Tbilisi?
It takes about 6-7 hours to travel from Yerevan to Tbilisi.
There are rental and transfer services available between Yerevan and Tbilisi.
Car rental or Yerevan-Tbilisi transfer services provide convenience, comfort, enjoyment of the trip, and, of course, vivid positive impressions. The "Swift” Rent a Car company provides car rental and transfer services between Yerevan and Tbilisi. The following services are provided by "Swift” Rent a Car:
- One-way to Georgia - entails renting a car in Yerevan and returning it in Georgia; there is no need to return the car to Yerevan. In addition, it is possible to order a car in Georgia and return it in Armenia. The service is priced at 80000 AMD.
- Two-way Georgia - entails a tourist renting a car in Yerevan on his own and returning it in Yerevan. The client marks the service "Crossing the border with Georgia" when booking a car with the intention of crossing the border with Georgia. In this case, the 15,000 AMD cost of this service is added to the amount of the car reservation.
- Rent a car with a driver (transfer) between Armenia and Georgia. The cost of this service is determined by the vehicle's class. Prices range from 50.000 to 100.000 AMD on average.
“Swift” Rent a Car requires the following documents or data for car rental:
- Lessor's given name and surname
- Phone number, email address
- Identity document (passport) (a scanned copy will be required when applying online)
- Driver's license (a scanned copy will be required when applying online)
- The period of car rental begins.
- The rental car's delivery date
- Vehicle pick-up address
- Pick-up address
If necessary, an additional child seat, a GPS navigator, and other optional services can be ordered through the "Swift” Rent a Car website.
Documents required for car travel from Armenia to Georgia
You will need the following documents to cross the border between Armenia and Georgia:
- identity document (passport);
- foreign passport;
- driver's license;
- document confirming vehicle registration;
Before crossing the border, TPL (Third-party Liability) insurance is required, which costs AMD 7,000. (for 15 days). When booking a car, insurance can be purchased directly from "Swift” Rent a Car. In turn, the company issues a power of attorney, granting the lessor the authority to cross the border.
"Swift” Rent a Car also provides CASCO insurance, which costs 7,000 AMD per day and cannot exceed 49,000 AMD regardless of the rental period.
The insurance is valid both in Armenia and throughout Georgia.
Enjoy your trip by renting a car from “Swift” Rent a Car!